The Southern African Music Rights Organisation announced it had sacked the king of kwaito and music producer as a non-executive director.
Over the weekend, Sunday Sun reported that Arthur was planning to join the #100MenMarch protest against violence against women, which took place in Tshwane yesterday.
After the news broke, social media exploded. Arthur was slammed as he was recently taken to court for allegedly assaulting his ex-girlfriend Busisiwe Twala, popularly known as Cici.
She posted X-ray photos of her pelvis, which was allegedly broken by Arthur.
She tweeted: “How do you maintain ‘not guilty’ when these are the screws I have as a result of what you did to me.”
On Monday, Daily Sun reported that the organisers of the march didn’t want Arthur to attend. The second blow came yesterday when Samro released a statement saying the decision to remove Arthur was made at the end of last month.
The organisation said the accusations against Arthur were harming Samro’s reputation.
“The ongoing court case involving Mafokate and Twala has continued to attract undesirable and quite frankly, worrying publicity, which has also caused serious harm to the public perception of the organisation,” a statement read.
Arthur said he would not be participating in the march.
“I have decided not to participate in the #100MenMarch, to which I was invited, due to the opposition I have received, as well as threats I and my family have received,” he wrote.
He said being accused of violence against a woman didn’t mean he was necessarily guilty.