- Itumeleng Khune – Khune has played for the senior team and has proven to be the best goalkeeper in South Africa. He also boasts the best ball distribution abilities in the world. He will be responsible to keep the team in the game tonight and also motivating all players who are in the starting eleven.
- Abbubaker Mobara – Mobara has just signed for Orlando Pirates and a lot is expected from him. He will be very vital in the right back position. He has proven to be one of the best players in the Premier Soccer League. Tonight’s game will also help in selling himself to the rest of the world.
- Erick Mathoho – the lanky defender scored in a game between Chiefs and Pirates last week. He has all the abilities needed in a defender and his task will be to make sure the defense is well organized and does not lose concentration when being attacked.
- Rivaldo Coetzee – Rivaldo has gained a lot of experience playing for the senior national team alongside Mathoho. He has all the abilities of protecting the team from conceding goals. He will be tasked with making sure Neymar does not penetrate the South African defense. Another important quality about Rivaldo is that he does not lose focus and is always making sure all the positions are covered in time for defenders involved in transitions.
- Deolin Mekoa – he will be playing in the left back position and has proven to be one of the best in the position. He was vital during the qualifying campaign and has played his best football in the national team. When involved in transition, he also comes back for his defending role in time when South Africa loses the ball.
- Gift Motupa – Gift has the energy to carry the midfield for the entire duration of the game. He is one of the best midfielders in the country and his abilities are there for everyone to see. Stabilizing the midfield will be vital for the team to play and Gift is capable of doing so. He can also score goals.
- Mothobi Mvala – the youngster is very strong and is able to help the defense all the time. He will be vital to make sure the team has opportunities moving forward. He also has the ability to cool down the game when his team mates are losing focus, so that they can be able to adjust and position themselves the right way.
- Aubrey Modiba – he is one of the underrated players in the country. Aubrey is a complete midfielder and is able to make the team play. He has great speed which is characterized by a good vision of analyzing the game. Aubrey will be vital to make sure the team create scoring opportunities.
- Keagan Dolly – as the team captain, he will be responsible to make sure the team is playing according to the plan. He is the best midfielder when moving forward and lacks a bit of defending abilities. He can score goals from anywhere on the field of play. He will need a lot of forward moves to penetrate the Brazilian defenders.
- Menzi Masuku – he is one of the top strikers in South Africa. He has proven to be a strong player and capable of scoring goals. Menzi is capable of playing for more than 90 minutes. He will definitely score a goal or two in tonight’s game.
- Lebo Mothiba – the youngsters has an eye to score goals and his ball passing abilities are the best. He will be playing all his passes towards Keagan’s runs. The understanding he has with Keagan will be vital for South Africa to score as early as possible.
The subs for tonight’s game are as follows:
Jody February, Tebogo Moerane, Kwanda Mngonyama; Tercious Malepe, Phumlani Ntshangase, Tyroane Sandows, Tashreeq Morris. The game will be starting at 21h00 South African time.