Kaizer Chiefs have been struggling in the new PSL campaign. They are yet to win a game in the new season. The slump in form has resulted in a lot of confusion in the Amakhosi camp. Within the next few weeks there are going to be changes in the Chiefs technical team due to pressure from the fans.
- Chiefs coach Steve Komphela is the one affected by the latest developments with a lot of fans asking for his resignation from the team. He has tried all his best and failed to make Chiefs the most respected team like they were seasons ago.
- Rudi Kroll, the former Pirates coach is linked with a coaching job at Chiefs. Kroll won back to back trophies with Pirates and fans believe he is the right man to bring glory at Chiefs. If possible the move could be concluded with only less than 10 games in the new season.
- Siphiwe Tshabalala has been sidelined from the first team due to poor performance in the senior team. He featured in an MDC game for Chiefs where he scored a goal that saw the Amakhosi won the match. It is believed that Tshabalala is unhappy with the fact that he was replaced as Chiefs captain. There are also possibilities of him being released in the January transfer window with the possibilities of bringing in new blood to the Chiefs camp.
- George Lebese’s form has deteriorated so much that the once Bafana Bafana international is struggling to make the first eleven. George has had personal problems that led to his poor performances. It is also said that George is not the favorite of Steve Komphela.
- Bernard Parker’s future at the team is also under review as he has not produced the desired performance in the team. He is one of the high paid players at Chiefs and his performance does not go hand in hand with his salary at the end of each month.
- Steve Komphela has been criticized for fielding Willard Katsande and Lucky Baloyi in recent games. Fans and soccer analysts have questioned his tactics of playing with 2 similar holding midfielders which limits the team’s attacking chances. The two players plays a bit deep than as attackers.
- Siyanda Xulu is also one of the highest paid players at Chiefs and he has not featured much in helping the team win trophies. Xulu has been sidelined in the team and it is also unknown whether he will make the team or not in their next PSL match.