The Premier Soccer League season is becoming more interesting from time to time with teams fighting for the league title and other competitions in the league. With a few games in the new season, teams are not sure whether their plans will lead them to their desired destinations. Let us look at the latest happenings in the league.
- Defending champions Mamelodi Sundowns have not registered the following players in the new season: Siyabulela Shai, Luyolo Nomandela, Surprise Moriri and Lindokuhle Mbatha. Although these players are not registered for the senior team, they are allowed to take part in the MDC.
- Sello Japhta who signed for Pirates from Free State Stars is not in Muhsin Ertugral’s plans. The left footed player scored vital goals while at Free State Stars and it is not know why Muhsin is not interested in him. He might be loaned out to Golden Arrows.
- Ertugral and Gyimah’s fight was caused by Muhsin criticized his passing abilities in front of other players. It is believed that Edwin went out after the game and only came back at the airport and that is when the heated argument between the 2 erupted. Edwin was not part of the team that played to a goalless draw with Cape Town City on Tuesday.
- Baroka FC are struggling in the PSL. They lost their game against Bidvest Wits at Peter Mokaba on Tuesday night although Kgoloko Thobejane is still adamant that his side will win the league.
- Mamelodi Sundowns are facing Chippa United tonight on the MTN 8 second leg semifinal. They played to a goalless draw in Port Elizabeth last week. Sundowns will still be without Leonardo Castro due to injury.
- Eric Tinkler was not happy with his side missing clear scoring opportunities against Pirates on Tuesday night. The teams played to a goalless draw but Tinkler believes his side should have won the match.
- Chiefs are facing the high flying Highlandspark tonight at Makhulong stadium. Coach Allan Freese is expecting mothing less than a win for his side against the struggling Amakhosi. Freese indicated that they respect Chiefs as a team but on the field of play they are all equal and his side will come out the winner.
- Papy Faty is a free agent after being released by Bidvest Wits due to problems with his heart. It is believed that the player has a heart condition which is not good for a sportsman. Papy is still looking to sign for any team that is interested in his services although he has a condition.